PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Pointer

basil
16-03-2003, 10:57 AM
I use a MS Intellimouse Optical USB with a Toshiba notebook. My mouse pointer 'stops' at the left hand side of the screen and at the top and the bottom, but disappears way off-screen on the right hand side. It takes quite a bit of mouse movement to get it to re-appear back at the right hand side of the screen.

I have downloaded and re-installed the driver but it has not corrected the problem. Would appreciate any help and ideas.

Billy T
16-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Hi Basil

I think you should be able to set your mouse pointer to reappear on the right immediately after it leaves from the left (and vice versa). Certainly I can do that, but mine is a Logitech mouse.

Have a ferret around in your mouse properties.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Susan B
16-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Taking a long shot, your mouse pointer wouldn't happen to be appearing at the left hand side of the screen after it disappears off-screen on the right hand side, would it? A mouse can be set up to do that - I find it rather disconcerting and do not have that feature enabled but I wonder if yours is?

Susan B
16-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Oh duh! That is exactly what you are talking about, Billy. :8}

This daylight saving thing has corrupted my brain cells - I need lunch!! :D

godfather
16-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Basil, this is due to your laptop having a dual video adapter, and it will have been enabled in the display properties as the primary one being the LCD on the laptop, but the secondary output (for another monitor to use) will be enabled as an extension of your main screen.

If you had a second monitor connected, it would appear on that monitor as it leaves the one you are using.

Fix it all under display properties (just right click on a vacant part of the desktop, select properties, settings.)

Billy T
16-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Ah God, my ongoing faith in you is not misplaced.

I just love the way you succinctly home-in on the main chance.

Quelle Homme, tu est magnifique!

Long may you prosper.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Don't know where that emerged from :O It must be
bastardised memories of schoolboy French circa 1960.
Call it my revenge for the Rainbow warrior :D

basil
16-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Brilliant as usual, Godfather - thanks. Had two monitors showing, so 'unattached' the second one (on the right) and that seems to have fixed it.

Cheers.