PDA

View Full Version : popup toolbars

norrol
15-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Have a problem with popup toolbars which also change my home page address reguardless of what I do. Going into view and unticking the toolbar makes no difference the next time i boot up.Checked run msconfig start but cant find how to fix this problem. Can anyone help using win 89. Thanks

antmannz
15-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Your best bet is to download and run Ad-Aware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com).

tweak\'e
15-03-2003, 12:53 PM
what toolbar? check their site they might have an uninstaller. otherwise try adaware (make sure you have the latest ver and latest ref file). also look here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=21606)

norrol
15-03-2003, 01:16 PM
The toolbar is called rgrujdrshst and includes news mp3 music gambbooks computer education travelling entertainment.I have asked find to find it with no success, I can untick it under view toolbars which works but will appear again next time I boot up and I have looked all through my c drive and cant find it and it doesnt appear under control panel remove programs. Thanks

kiwibeat
15-03-2003, 01:26 PM
I had same problems with Lop.com used spybot and adware 6 pro etc to remove then had to go search for any files on my HDD and delete them manually as they kept magically reappearing when PC was restatrted a real pain you can use free surfer ir IE guard or hijack this to prevent this after your system is cleaned out .I also now image my c: drive so can do a clean restore in a about 10 mins to about 5 points in the past when my PC was working as it should do without too many bugs or problems in it i

Pheonix
15-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Run both adaware and Spybot. This will clean out completely. If you do a lot of surfing, run both at least once a week. Please note that with spybot, when loaded but not started, go to Settings-Filesets , and untick usage tracks because it will also cleanout your saved passwords for web sites ( eg when you log into PF1 and put your first letter into your name and windows fills it all out.) If you know all your names/passwords then it doesn't hurt to give it a clean out. Please note that it does not affect your Dialup name & password.

kiwibeat
15-03-2003, 04:37 PM
uummm wondered why I had to keep typing in my passwords
lol