PDA

View Full Version : SiSoft Sandra

Danger
13-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Sisoft Sandra says my motherboard is about 127 degrees (shouldn't it be on fire?) but the computer seems not to be any hotter than normal and my two other sources say (admitally the cpu temp) its only 30 degrees. Funnily, one of the tips is to uninstall Sisoft Sandra because of the space it is takeing, heh heh. Can I take this program seriously? It told me to change a few other things (like change printer setting from raw to emf or something like that) but when I did I was advised by the operating system not to. Seems like there is about a weeks worth of tweaking to get my system running "right". But everything is running fine, and I've already tweaked many things.

Thomas
13-03-2003, 06:48 PM
So you have been using Sandra,you cad;) which version do you have?

Danger
13-03-2003, 07:03 PM
The latest, downloaded on tuesday. Took its advice and uninstalled it! :D

Thomas
13-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Dont think Sandra would like to be called an it;\
So have standard,or pro?

mikebartnz
13-03-2003, 08:36 PM
It may have been giving a reading in F instead of C

Danger
13-03-2003, 10:36 PM
I have the std version, just reinstalled it. It warns cpu temp is very high, 120degrees C, / 260.6degrees F. My boot up temp is usually about 23 degrees, and currently acording to my ITE smart guardian its at 25 degrees C, which is a little cooler than normal, usually about 30 degrees after running for a while.

John Grieve
14-03-2003, 10:12 AM
I use Sisoft 2003 pro as well and it shows the same temp error to me as well even though I know for certain it is wrong. I suspect that Sisoft has a problem reading the temp info from the motherboard becuase it cannot communicate with the monitoring chipset onboard correctly. All the PCs I build and repair get the Sisoft test and all (since I got Sisoft 2003) have the same error. I have ceased worrying about it and just ignore it and expect some sort of patch will eventually appear for this error in Sisoft.

Thomas
14-03-2003, 02:54 PM
How do you copy from Sandra,if you run cursor over text it doesn't change colour?

Graham L
14-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Hold the sensor between your finger and thumb. If you can hold it for more than 10 seconds it's less than 70 deg C. If you can read the type number of the sensor burned into your skin, it's too hot.

The old standard used to be "if you get a map of Texas branded on your finger tip, the TTL's too hot". (Texax Instruments made a lot of TTL computer chips).

But I think that your 127 deg reading is an "error" Most of the wires in the box are rated for 80 deg C. The insulation would be melting.

-=JM=-
14-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah just a misreading. It might be trying to read from a sensor that is not actually there.