PDA

View Full Version : OT: Operation Scammer Candid Camera - How to deal with fraudsters!

Susan B
13-03-2003, 05:27 PM
THE ADVENTURES OF WENDY WILLCOX and her dog Willis (http://www.wendywillcox.50megs.com/)

This is hilarious!

In her latest adventure, Wendy travels to Amsterdam on behalf of Timothy Mobuto Seko Seko and his junior brother Nzango, to recover a billion gazzillion dollars. Along the way, she encounters the good Doctor Wesley Stevens, Steve Martins, and a mysterious fat guy named Mr. Collins. Through the amazing technology of the internet Wendy gets pictures of Mr. Collins. All while sitting at her desk, halfway around the world.

It is a very long "story" but really funny, especially at the end. Serves those Nigerian fraudsters damn right!!! :^O

Baldy
13-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Heh Heh, with teeth like that, she would be an ideal partner for Shane McGowen. Maybe they are related

Jen C
13-03-2003, 06:06 PM
What a long read! She has a wicked sense of humour and gets full points for ingenuity and persistance :D

Billy T
14-03-2003, 08:22 AM
I am humbled Susan :8}

I had long dreamed of trying a reverse scam by asking for money up front to bribe local bank officials, but now I see that much greater talent is needed. What a classy exercise in reverse confidence trickery, and what an ugly dog!

hhh () () () () () ()

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

And I learned some new expressions :O :8} :8} :8}

Susan B
14-03-2003, 08:44 AM
You know something, Billy? The whole time I was chuckling over that "story" I kept wondering if it was really you who pulled that clever stunt. With your exceptional wit and way with words, not to mention your well-known love of those Nigerian fraudsters, I was really surprised not to find the words "Wendy Willcox aka Billy T" at the bottom of that article.

It is just the sort of thing you would excel at! :x :D

Heather J
14-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks so much Susan B for letting us know about the website, what a delight. Heather

robo
14-03-2003, 10:09 AM
I can honestly say that this has removed all desire I had to follow it up and piss them off. I would be getting at least three or four Nigerian Scam emails a week, they are flooding in. Can someone please tell me if it has ever worked? I know that bozo in Hamilton did, but is he the only one.

robo.
aka Marshmellow NKoko Forsuppa, son of Nigerian Cabinet Minister.

Billy T
14-03-2003, 11:59 AM
That bozo in Hamilton did what robo?

Do tell, we need the goss.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

honeylaser
14-03-2003, 12:59 PM
She links out to this site (http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/)... worth spending a few days reading!

robo
14-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Some Hamilton business man with a swelled head figured he was such a pillock of society that it made sense that someone had heard of him and he fell for it. Cost him $80,000 or something.
robo.

cyberchuck
14-03-2003, 09:07 PM
> Some Hamilton business man with a swelled head figured he was such
> a pillock of society that it made sense that someone had heard of him
> and he fell for it. Cost him $80,000 or something.

Well he got a trip to Nigeria or wherever it was they go to receive the money...
I wonder how that Nigerian Fraud Watch thingy is going??

CyberChuck

John W
15-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Well, I replied to one such scammer recently, feining interest, gave them my Cellphone number etc. After a few emails, one of which included his International Drivers license (wow) I started receiving a few phonecalls to my cellphone.

It was obvious what the game was, but to draw him on, I made out I could barely hear him due to a poor line connection. I played this line for 3-4 calls in the space of 15min or so, then the calls stopped. Never heard from them again.

Susan B
15-03-2003, 07:27 PM
> I made out I could barely hear him due to a poor line connection. I played this line for 3-4 calls in the space of 15min or so, then the calls stopped. Never heard from them again.

That reminds me of a persistent telephone spammer we once had. A woman calling from Auckland would not take no for an answer but kept phoning up every few nights trying the hard sell. After about five of these calls I just put the phone down on the bench and let her talk to herself for ten minutes.

She got the message after that. :D