PDA

View Full Version : problem with a file type please help

artpepper
12-03-2003, 07:49 PM
I have lots of .shn files - these are compressed file waves and shn stands for shorten - unlike mp3 it is lossless ...they are cool and very large even though compressed.

trouble is the icon has gone from all my .shn files - it was there yesterday. I have the program and have replaced it in a couple of directories just to make sure but still the icon is that blue lines and an A in the bottom right thing.

I have tried to open then with all the shn stuff in my pc but the thing is you don't really open shn just uncompress them and that tool (mackewact)doesn't work either - it doesn't see them as shn files!!!I have tried "open with" etc etc...

the files are around 30 mb each but under properties now only measure a few thousand00 kb!

btw this problem has happenned b4 but I got everything back working I know it is retrievable...

How do I get these files to display the correct icon and behave like shn files again!

Graham L
13-03-2003, 05:39 PM
That looks as if they have been uncompressed, and stored like that. :D

So the utility won't decompress them. It can't, now.

Good luck. ;-)

minos
13-03-2003, 07:55 PM
all I know is its a compressed audio file... what uses it I don't know as yet... so I'm off ta have a look cya

:-)

ps: I'll be arround STS