PDA

View Full Version : binary codes

Thomas
06-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Have you got software that reads Binary-coded files.

What do I need to answer this question?Never heard if binary codes.

robo
06-03-2003, 09:36 PM
In relation to what, roughly. Where are you seeing binary codes?

Are we talking encoding for transfer protocols on terminal emulators off a unix system? Or perhaps decoding binaries from a news group?

robo.

Thomas
06-03-2003, 09:50 PM
A friend asked me if I had the facility to read Binary code files,wondered what they were,I am sure he doesn't know and I have no idea if I do or not,wanted to sound intelligent when I replyed,which you will have guessed is hard for me to do when it comes to compus.He also asked if I had soft ware for copying video into still print mode.Do you know what I would need for that?

mikebartnz
06-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Binary code is a series of 0's and 1's so I don't think they would understand it anyway if they asked that.

Thomas
06-03-2003, 10:52 PM
><Binary code is a series of 0's and 1's so I don't think they would understand it anyway if they asked that
Ha Ha,sent him the stuff below,he will think I am a genius.Amazing what can go on between a couple of twerps with your help.;\

Are we talking encoding for transfer protocols on terminal emulators off a unix system? Or perhaps decoding binaries from a news group?

Graham L
07-03-2003, 04:26 PM
And if the information was entered on card punches, was it with an "024" (which punches BCD), or an "026" (which does EBCDIC).