PDA

View Full Version : Simple (elusive) IE Glitch

Ian Forsyth
05-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Something on my Internet explorer has changed - I now get the "white Screen of Death - - - " unable to connect or DNS error" Can Read PC World Plus disc in IE but cant get to web pages - always the same message

Netscape works perfectly - but i prefer IE

Can someone help with this (I think) - simple problem

AND - How can i get Outlook Express to show me e-mailed photos without opening Adobe "Elements" to do this??

Also quite simple And probably to do with file association - Any offers to help Please?

Ian Forsyth iforsyth@clear.net.nz

Jen C
05-03-2003, 12:46 PM
> AND - How can i get Outlook Express to show me
> e-mailed photos without opening Adobe "Elements" to
> do this??
>
> Also quite simple And probably to do with file
> association - Any offers to help Please?

You are right with the file associations - have a read of this PressF1 FAQ (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=21545) on changing file associations. Just select the program you wish to have your photo's open with.

Jen

BIFF
05-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Try opening IE and going into Tools-> Options, Connections Tab, press the LAN Settings button if you connect via a network card, or else highlight you Dial Up connection and press Settings. Check to see whether a proxy server entry is present. If there is then Untick the option to use a proxy server.

Jimbo
05-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Do you use Adaware ? I seem to remember a similar thing when I deleted a heap of spy software with the help of adaware, there was one called LS new or something similar that took out IE. I was given a small file to fix it called LSPfix.exe. Maybe you can find it on the web if not drop me a note at landrover90@msn.com and I will mail it to you. There again I may be barking up the wrong tree completely in which case I hope some one else can help
Cheers Jimbo

Graham L
05-03-2003, 04:12 PM
It might be a good idea to make a new connection. They do get corrupted. Comes of having user-friendly self modifying systems.

iforsyth
06-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks for that - ill do it

iforsyth
06-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Yep - -- That did it -- Thanks!! - Keep up the good work!!