PDA

View Full Version : HOw do I burn images with Nero?

Brian
02-03-2003, 04:15 PM
Hi y'all!

I have a whole bunch of photos that I want to burn onto CD. I'm using the "Nero" software that came with my CD-Writer.

But I'm not having much success...actually I'm having no success :-(

I've read Nero's "Help" menu...but that was more unhelpful, than helpful.

Can some whiz out there give me an idea on how I can burn the images onto CD...

TIA,
Brian

michaelmac
02-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Hi there.... confusing isn't it...
1.. print out this list.
then
1.. start nero
2 make sure you are using the wizard.!!!!
3 select the wizard options.. Audio.. New disk..
4 the left hand panel is your new disk
5 the right hand panel is where the files will be coming from
( just like a 2 panel windows explorer)
6 on the right panel , find the source of your files
7 click on the file you want AND drag it into the left hand window.
8 .... carry on doing this.. till you have all the files you want
9 IMPORTANT. when you are ready to burn, MAKE SURE the left hand

michaelmac
02-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Ran out of space....
9 IMPORTANT. when you are ready to burn,
MAKE SURE the left hand panel is highlighted( just click in it)
10 put your blank disk in
11 click on the BURN Icon

easy as...

Oxie
02-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Brian

Open Nero, and use the Wizard. Place a blank CD in the CD Writer driver. I am assuming the photos you want to copy over are on your C Drive. A window opens. On the right hand side are the folders on your computer. Browse to the folder where your pictures are stored. Select the folder/s or pictures and drag them over to the left hand side of the window. When you have all the pics dragged over click on Burn (in my version it is the eigth icon over from the left). When burning I find it best to burn at a slow speed, eg 4 x rather than a fast speed as I have enountered problems burning at a high speed. When it has finished burning you will receive a message like Burn process completed successfully at whatever speed. Click OK and then click on Discard. The CD ejects automatically.

Hope that helps
Oxie

Oxie
02-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Looks like Michaelmac beat me to it!

Bobble
02-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Phew, glad you asked as I'm setting up a folder to save all my pics etc... now I dont have to ask any questions myself :)

I'm a total newbie to nero... no idea what I'm doing... but will be a pro after reading these boards I think!

thx micaelmac and oxie for the advice I'm about to steal :D

Oxie
02-03-2003, 04:52 PM
Good luck Bobble
Hope it all works for you. Keep us posted.

Oxie

The Student
03-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Hi,

Just a question, if I'd like to ask.....

Do you have to use a KODAK photo CD? Or is any one suitable??. You see, I've done a photo cd myself, and I thought to place it into my DVD, but this wouldn't read it and most of the materials, I've covered (internet) specify mostly on Kodak Photo Cds.

Is this all true?

Brian
09-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Hi guys!

I tried what you suggested but still no joy :-(

I click on "Data CD"... I drag and drop from the right hand column, then I highlight the picture files on the left hand column and click on the "Burn" image (8th icon from the left).

The program goes through the motions and it looks as if it is burning, but I see no activity in the CD-Writer (i.e. no light flashing...). After the process is completed a box appears (just to tease me...) saying "Burn completed successfully"

When I access the CD-RW to see if the files are on there it comes up blank! (However I do notice that the capacity on the CD-RW has gone from 700MB to 648MB if that means anything...maybe there are phantom files on the CD...)

Any ideas?

Once again I want to thank you all in advance for your help!

Thanx,
Brian

godfather
09-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Brian, this is the first time you have mentioned CD-RW.
They behave differently to CD-R

Somewhere in Nero you will be given the option to "close the session"
Select that option and they should be readable.

Or use CD-R

mikebartnz
09-03-2003, 08:04 PM
You may need to point the program to your cdwriter as it may be writing to an iso. Go to Recorder/Choose Recorder. Choose CD-Rom (ISO) fo the type of disk.