PDA

View Full Version : Networking

allcamp
02-03-2003, 11:06 AM
In the past I have had our two PCs networked and going fine (one has ME and the other Win95). I recently had to have my default PC into a PC clinic to have a Sidewinder Joystick Precision 2 installed (for some unknown reason I was unable to do this and even the Clinic also had problems - eventually all was sorted out satisfactorily).

However I am now unable to network the PCs. All cables appear to be in the correct slots. I followed the procedure outlined in the Home Networking Wizard section of the Microsoft Help and Support, including creating an installation disk for the second PC.

When I now turn on the second PC I get the following message on my Default PC - "The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.0.1 with the system having hardware address 00:60:08:3F:7B:CC". The second PC at the same time displays the following message "The system has detected a conflict for IP address 192.168.0.1 with the system having hardware address 00:10:B5:D1:A9:4b. The interface has been disabled".

Are you able to give me any advice on what I can do to get the two PCs networked once again?

Many thanks

robsonde
02-03-2003, 11:30 AM
you have more than one system with the same IP address.

change the address of one system to 192.168.0.2

allcamp
02-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Thank you Robsonde - that fixed the problem. Your help is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Allan