PDA

View Full Version : graphics

kidkumara
26-02-2003, 04:34 AM
grandad thought he would enter the bios to tweak settings to enable the game mohaa to run as smoothly on his (5yr old pentium 2 pc/with sis onboard+gforce2) as it does on mine (athalon 1700+gforce 4). He entered optimise graphics/save/exit and now his gforce card wont work at all (black screen with "windows has sucsessfully initialised" but thats it! I have plugged his monitor back into the onboard video just to get his pc working (and it does) but does anyone have any ideas as to what he has done and or how to remedy.

IanJ
26-02-2003, 06:05 AM
Check in the BIOS that the setting for the first type of card to look for is a AGP rather than PCI or onboard.

Ian

tweak\'e
26-02-2003, 10:52 AM
i wonder if hes turned on the onboard graphics.

kidkumara
26-02-2003, 11:15 AM
yes agp is enabled but I dont understand why when you connect monitor to the onboard graphic that "it" works. Do I need to disconnect the onboard video chip somehow. Thanks for you reply.

tweak\'e
26-02-2003, 11:34 AM
yes usually you have to turn the onboard off. in some cases you can't so you have to run it as a dual vid setup.

Graham L
26-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Since the fancy one worked before it was "fixed", there isn't a jumper on the motherboard to disable the onboard video. Check in the BIOS for an option ("Advanced"?) to turn it off..

kidkumara
26-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Ok thanks I'll have another look. What if I remove the onboard from the device manager, shutdown and then reinsert the gforce card and reboot. Do you see any problems occurring?