PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Home Edition

garyasta
25-02-2003, 09:12 PM
I have the option of obtaining a copy of "Windows XP Home Edition" (144155 Kb) or a "Windows XP Home Edition Full Version ISO" (103827 Kb). What are the differences between them. The smaller version indicates that it is the 'full' version but the other file is larger.

Gary

tweak\'e
25-02-2003, 09:19 PM
is any of those legal? if not please ask somewhere esle.

agent
25-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Indeed, illegal operations are not condoned by PressF1, their owners, operators, yahdeedahdeedah etc etc etc. Search somewhere else about ISOs compared to full CDs.

Big John
25-02-2003, 10:39 PM
One would most likely be an illegal Zip file worth and could be extracted to your HD to look at the files and the other an illegal ISO file that would need to be burned to CD first.

The key being illegal so you should know teh consequences especially asking on a public forum.

PoWa
25-02-2003, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't bother downloading Windows Xp Home, that would seriously waste your time because you would also need a license key. It is a serious hassle trying to get a crack for the Product Activation as well.

*cough*
go for Xp Pro Corporate (no WPA needed)

and you will need a cd burner

garyasta
26-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Thanks to all for your advice.

Gary

h_l_devil_69
26-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Its just as easy to down load a key as it is to download windows so theres not much worrie there but

Win 2k sp1 and xp have rather good anti piracy thingys

If you do manage to get it activated chances are you wont get Service pack 1 on... which is a must...
Also there are random websites out there that cheak you product activation... If you have a cracked copie... and you hit one of these sites... you computer goes down... not just windows... the lot

Xp home sucks.... Go xp pro..... but i here ya say price... if you've got a new computer you will have it for a few years... so its worth it...

P.S. cracked copies are just a haslle...

Chilling_Silence
26-02-2003, 03:22 PM
One would be a bootable CD, for use immediately, whereas the ISO would need to be burned as its an Image of a CD....

Think that makes sense, but if these are illegal copies, here's not really the place...