PDA

View Full Version : Program to close all programs

fergie
25-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Hi,
I'm a keen gamer, and i also have quite a few apps running on my pc in background (antivirus, scanners, msn messanger etc) and when i go into a resource heavy game, i always close all these programs for better performance.
Anyway, does anyone no of a program that will close all the unnessary programs in teh background witha clik of a button?
Cheers
(i'm on XP Pro)

Susan B
25-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Maybe this (http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/pcm.dart/downloads/utilities;sz=336x280;ord=2997400165?) is what you are wanting?

sc0ut
25-02-2003, 08:02 PM
WHAT THE HELL is that link
either your a ******* trying to make money by getting hits on your links or a dumass
plz the people on this site are trying to find CORRECT ANSWERS and your abusing the site

Peter H
25-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Cor Blimey - where did you come from. Susan B has helped a lot more people than you have.

sc0ut
25-02-2003, 08:09 PM
well look at the link PLZ be my guest

sc0ut
25-02-2003, 08:11 PM
i dont mean to be a prick but i'm sick of people doing this

when i look for my programming answers i look thew forums and i'v had too many of those (3rd one today)

miknz1
25-02-2003, 08:20 PM
there is one called "end it all" which is avail. from download.com

Heather P
25-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Susan, check your link - it takes one to an ad for a laptop instead of a program.

Ctrl C on the wrong browser window?????

sc0ut
25-02-2003, 09:02 PM
if it was a mistake i apologize
sorry

Susan B
25-02-2003, 09:03 PM
OH CRIPES!!! :O

Jeez, sorry folks, I slipped up major this time. :-(

All I did was a search in Google for End It All, a program recommended several times on the forum. I went to the first result which then took me to some computer download site. Yes, I did think the link looked a iffy with the ad.doubleclick bit in it but could not see any other link to use.

I will be more careful next time. :-(

> either your a ******* trying to make money by getting hits on your links or a dumass
> plz the people on this site are trying to find CORRECT ANSWERS and your abusing the site

scOut:
I COCKED UP, OKAY? No need to start abusing me for an honest mistake. I am glad you pointed out my error but I do not think it was necessary to call me a dumass.

Would you like to say that to my face? Because I now know where you work. X-(

sc0ut
25-02-2003, 09:11 PM
sorry bad day

all my programming is going to ****
PMT
Programmingerror Message Torture

olldaddy76
25-02-2003, 09:17 PM
Your original comment was abusive while your apology very passive . Susan has tried to help many of us and although at times her humour is hard to understand she is a genuine helper for all of us who need to know the simplest and at times difficult I.T. This time only she made an error.......

Susan B
25-02-2003, 09:21 PM
scOut: okay then, apologies accepted. Shake and make up, forgive and forget.

Just give someone the benefit of the doubt next time before you start accusing them of that sort of thing. Especially when it is someone who has been around as long as I have -- I would not last five minutes if I normally carried on like that here.

sc0ut
25-02-2003, 09:24 PM
its all 4goten
i'll remeber 2b careful next time

Heather P
25-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Whew!

Thought I'd have to remove all cans of petrol from the study and extinguish all open flames for a bit there. Not to mention turn off the computer in case it overheated!

Anyhow, back to the original question. Have a hunt at Tucows (http://tucows.ihug.co.nz/system/shutdown95_default.html) for a suitable utility.