PDA

View Full Version : windows - delayed write failed

tinglebob
17-02-2003, 08:42 PM
windows - delayed write failed. also get errors when trying to launch some programs. did all the virus checks. all ok
i get this message about every 30 seconds. i don't know whats changed??!! i have win xp prof. tried the sfc (system file checker) keeps looking for the win xp service pack disk for every damn file. i haven't got a disk with this on it, only magazine disk, but it does not give you the option to browse to the files on the disk. tried going to windows update site, says cannot do it as i need to be logged on to pc as an administrator. i am, thats the only account i have?? wtf?
tried a google search but can't seem to find an answer.
any ideas?
any help much appreciated.
cheers

mikebartnz
17-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you may have problems with your hard drive. I don't know how it is done in XP but do a search in the help for scandisk and run the thorough one to totaly check the hard drive.
With the delayed write failure it could be trying agin or it could fail completely so make sure any data is fully backed up until problem solved.

Captive
17-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Hello,

A few suggestions:

1. http://bermangraphics.com/problems/delayedwritefailure.htm

2. Scandisk with surface scan to see if it is a drive error

3. Run a burn in program to test that the device is working properly
I believe there is one on this months Cover CD/s

4. Run a registry clean program as indicated in the above url that could be part of the problem possibly.

5. If no luck please try to get the exact message in whole and reply with it please.