PDA

View Full Version : Envelopes

elenihan
14-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Using 95 I type letters in Wordpad, I cant work out how to type addresses for printing on envelopes. Can anyone help ?

Heather P
14-02-2003, 09:34 PM
File; Page setup; change to envelopes

beyond that you will have to play

I'd suggest cutting up some scrap paper the size of your envelopes and seeing how they print.

More fully featured programs like Windows have pre-defined settings for things like envelopes. Wordpad might require x number of tab spaces, so many lines down etc.

mikebartnz
14-02-2003, 09:36 PM
I gather you want to put a page break between each address and I don't think that is psssible with Wordpad. A bit more info wouldn't go amiss.

kevinL
14-02-2003, 09:42 PM
Wordpad does not create envelopes automatically. All you can do is define the envelope size in user defined paper sizes and create the envelope address manually.

Although I don't think that you can change the text direction so that you can feed the envelope in long ways.

Another way would be to print onto sticky labels, although you would have to set this up manually as well.

Wordpad is pretty basic.

Gordon.
15-02-2003, 02:17 PM
The way we do it and this is in Word but same principle applies to Works and WordPad is to create a document with just one address on it and save it. You will need to use some scrap paper or something to begin with while you juggle your margins and print out and then overlay with a real envelope to gauge your success.

Once you have created and saved one address document then just create additional documents using the same margins and save each as it's own document.

The same can be done for doing the senders address on the rear of the envelope, just muck about with some scrap paper till you get those margins right and once you have overliad it with a envelope and checked it, save it. Or, if you want the senders details on the front as further up, just play with it till you can overlay the scrap paper with a envelope and get exactly what you want and save.

One advantage to doing it this way rather than using the envelope templates is you can create to suit your own style with various fonts, sizing etc and have different ones for different people etc.