PDA

View Full Version : Saving Swf flash files from net

Kibito
13-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Hiya. I have win2kpro. And I was wondering, how do I save swf flash files from the net. In 98 it was temp internet folder but there is none I can find in 2k. How do I save flash files in win 2k?

Susan B
13-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Are you saying that you do not have a Temp Internet folder, or you cannot find the .swf file in your Temp Internet folder?

Maybe you need to turn on "Show all files" before you do a search for the *.swf file?

Heather P
13-02-2003, 09:10 PM
My original thought was "Well, just right click it and save like you do a .jpg". So I went looking for a swf file and tried it. There is no save option. First idea down.

So I experimented and found two other ways.

The first requires a little knowledge of html.
On the toolbar click View, Source
The code for the page comes up in notepad.

Now click Search, Find
Type in .swf
When you come to a piece of code looking something like
<a href=xxx.swf>
copy the xxx.swf into the address bar after the site name

Then click File, Save.

Now the problem with this method is you do have to understand paths. The path could be to a file in the current directory, a sub-directory, a parent directory or an absolute directory. If you don't understand these come back with the site and I'll work out the path for you.

The second method would be to look for it on your hard drive. Click
Start, Find, Files or Folders
type in swf
(If there are lots of results you can click Advanced and filter it by date)

Kibito
14-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Thanks Heather. I'll try that. But for future - Where to Flash Files dload to on your comp when its win2k pro?

Heather P
14-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Good question - I use Win 98 so don't know. If you use the start, search you should be able to find out.

sal
14-02-2003, 04:47 PM
this is just a guess, cos im on win98 too,

C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Temp Internet Files

worth a look

grtz sal.
tga

agent
14-02-2003, 04:55 PM
It's actually "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" I think. If not, it's somewhere in the Application Data or Local Settings folder, or go Tools -> Options, under the 'Temporary Internet files' section on the 'General' tab, select Settings -> View Files

-=JM=-
14-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Well I just got Control+I, then click the 'Media' tab and find the correct media item and click 'save'.

But that would be in Mozilla.