PDA

View Full Version : Address Book problems with Outlook Express

earthplan
12-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Following a screwup with the Outlook Express Address Book, I have now reinstalled Internet Explorer (which includes Outlook Express) several times without solving the probem. I get the following error messages:
1. The Address Book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured, pleas re-install. and
2. Unable to open the Address Book. The Address Book may not be installed properly.
Any clues? I also want to import an old address book from another drive (which was the initial cause of all the present problems!). It didn't seem to want recognise the file.

Chilling_Silence
12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Have you actually run a Repair on the install or just installed over top.

From what Ive been told an install of IE/Outlook will only write missing files and not fix existing ones.

Open Control Panel and choose Add/Remove Programs

select IE and when a new window comes up, select repair and give that a shot :-)

Otherwise, find your address book file and delete it!
It'll then have to create a new one, which could also solve your problems :-)

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Jim B
12-02-2003, 05:08 PM
MS article Here ( http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191946) for Win 98 you don't say what system you are using.

earthplan
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Thankyou very much, Chilling Silence, \ for you suggestions. Not only does it now work but I have also imported the old address work from the other hard drive. Wheww!

Richard