PDA

View Full Version : WinXP

dedfred
07-02-2003, 10:38 PM
I have installed WinXP. I do not like it. I want to reformat the hd and re-isntall my trusty Win98SE. But I cannot get into DOS to do it. Can anyone help please.

Kame
07-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Do you have a Win98SE bootdisk?

Also the Win98SE CD is bootable isn't it? You could just boot off that disk into dos remove the NTFS partition which might show up as Unknown.

if you don't have a bootable CD or bootdisk you can d/load one from http://www.bootdisk.com

Craigb
07-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Hi Dedfred
Sorry I can't help you but just as a matter of interest, what is it about XP that turned you off. I'm running it I have no problems with it. Just wondering. (This is my first computer so I have nothing to compare it to except what I had to use at work).
Cheers
Craig.

sc0ut
07-02-2003, 11:03 PM
the only thing i dont like about XP is its too new, too may bugs, games run 5-15% slower than 2000 or 98se, too easiely infected (3 weeks of having it i had to format it cos my little brother had to click on the ""screen saver"" in his inbox), and runs SLOW on old comps

things i like...ummm....USB support

give we 2000Pro any day
however i'm playing with Windows .NET at work and i'm getting used to it

ohh and i'd just run F Disk

NIGGEL
08-02-2003, 09:23 AM
If you upgraded to XP You can uninstall it and return to your previous version of windoze using Add Remove programs in Control panel. Read the Help file "To uninstall Windows XP"