PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2000 Appearance

Brendonny
06-02-2003, 01:50 AM
A friend's husband was on their computer the other day and she came back to the computer and found that he had changed the appearance of the system.

I would like to know how do you change it back. I know how to change the appearance in '98 but I don't know how to do that in 2000. I have given her the method for '98 but that doesn't work. I know at school we use 2000 professional and you can change the appearance by pressing the shift key five times and then clicking options or something like that then going to appearance that way from memory. I haven't done that since last year so I can't remember exactly on how to do it. By pressing the shift key it activates the stickykeys function.

Would this method work on their windows 2000 pc?? I am unsure if they have the pro version or not.

Can anyone help me solve their problem???

Brendan

Gorela
06-02-2003, 02:17 AM
By appearance do you mean the screen properties? If that is the case it is the same as Win98 and you just right mouse click in a clear area of the desktop. The Display Properties box opens and you can modify the pop-up boxes and screen saver etc.

Brendonny
06-02-2003, 02:23 AM
I mean the appearance of the windows and the colour scheme etc. So at the top I think she said it is red or black or something and now blue and she wants it to go back to blue.

Gorela
06-02-2003, 02:39 AM
Sorr, but it still sounds like the Display Properties. I just changed my desktop wallpaper to the "Ocean Wave" in the Background tab and then changed the toolbar and pop-up windows to a blue/grey scheme in the Appearance tab.

Absolutely ghastly colour scheme IMO

Brendonny
06-02-2003, 02:52 AM
Thanx. I will get her to have another look through them.

Chilling_Silence
06-02-2003, 08:30 AM
You can just Right-click on the Desktop and select Properties.
Select the Appearance tab up the top

Select the drop-down box labelled Scheme
Select Windows Standard, or whatever takes your friends fancy ;-)

Sticky Keys?! Isnt that backspace? Might be shift in 2K?? I always disable it though :-)

Cheers

Chilling_Silence