PDA

View Full Version : Delphi Is too convusing, please help!

JamesStewart
04-02-2003, 11:46 PM
I am following the step-by-step section in PC World and I am on the second artical (where you program you "Dumb Tic Tac Toe"). I can NOT get it to work!! Could some one help me if they know or have done this? I am stuck from the part where you insert the line

bGameOver : Boolean;
immediately below the comment
{ Public declarations }.

into the program and then I am stuck on adding the commands for the labels (1-9), can some one please show me EXACTLY what it should look like?

Thanks

James

Graham L
05-02-2003, 05:36 PM
I don't know Delphi (and don't want to :)), but in Pascal ...

there should be a "var" heading before any variables are declared. I take it that this is in the "interface" section. Pascal variables would be declaredl1, L2, L3 : label; or L1 : label;
L2 : label;
...[pre]
I have had a look at a Delphi 2 book ... the index is rotten, but the label declarations I find are in "type" declarations, and the "labels are of type Tlabel, used in the form Label1.component.component . They are declared[pre]type
{other type declarations ... }

Label1 :TLabel;
Label2 : TLabel;
... Type declarations usually come before var ones (but it doesn't matter).

JamesStewart
05-02-2003, 05:46 PM
yea, i am a beginer, so that is like giberish to me. sorry, but i need some one who uses Delphi and has done the "Delphi Step-by-step II"

andy
05-02-2003, 06:09 PM
try emailing Geoff Palmer - he writes the column so he should be able to help you. His address is at the end of each column.