PDA

View Full Version : NAV Issue (and fed up with Symantec)

honeylaser
04-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Can anyone help with the following? A user recently had his NAV subscription coming up to its expiry, and he received messages saying that if he did not purchase a renewal subscription he would no longer be able to download the live updates. We directed him to the Symantec website, and he followed the instructions to renew the subscription.

All fine and dandy.

Now, the guy isn't silly. He knew how to activate the new sub., followed the instructions, and it happily ticked away for a couple of days downloading the Live Updates with no problems. Until the other day.

A lovely little error message popped up to say that his subscription was about to expire, and he'd better renew it. At the moment, as far as I know, he is still receiving live updates, yet receiving these error messages telling him to resubscribe. I talked him through it, and he definitely followed the instructions. Symantec are being of no help, and their online knowledge base doesn't help a bit with this issue.

To me it almost sounds like there are two sessions running - the one that has been updated, and the one that hasn't. Is that even possible?

Help!

honeylaser
04-02-2003, 12:49 PM
P.S. - If anyone knows and can read this but can't respond due to the login issues, can you please email me? My PressF1 username at Hotmail. Thanks!

CYaBro
04-02-2003, 01:07 PM
What version are they running? What date does it have for the subscribtion service? Did this date change after they resubscribed? If not, I would say that it did not work and if they have paid for this then they need to contact Symantec.

I checked on Symantec's website and there are a number of things to try for this sort of problem. Have you done any of these?

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/subscribe/

honeylaser
04-02-2003, 01:20 PM
I'm going to try getting them to run the LSClean (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/pfdocs/2002032713171713?Open&dtype=n&src=noholdsub) tool, and we'll see how we go. It's possible they were infected with Klez and the NAV didn't pick it up, but it managed to corrupt some of the files.

The fact that it was working and downloading the live updates seems odd. I guess we'll have to see if this works and go from there.

Thanks