PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II:LOD back up cd problem

Jase1
04-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Hi

Lately I just brought this game, Diablo II: Lord of destruction. When ever I buy a game or a software I usually make a back up for it and use the back up cd instead of the original cd. Sounds stupid but I just like to presere my original cd collection :) . So like I said, I brought Diablo II: LOD, I tried make a back up of it with Nero (Cd copy mod) half way while it was making a image for it, nero came up with this error saying it "could not copy file" or something like that. This same problem happened to me when I was trying back up my Win98Se cd, too (this was alittle while ago). I could install the game fine and be able to play it. So I wondering what's causing this error, does the CD have cd protection programe on it or something else? The error came up the first time when I tried to back it up but the second time it didn't. But when I test it, by uninstall diablo II: LOD and reinstalling it, in the end of the installation it said "could not copy some files, if problem still presist please contact..." something like that. So what I'm trying to say is, the second time I tried it, nothing went wrong. But I could not use the back up cd at all.

I also download a crack, that allow me to use a back up cd to play Diablo II:LOD but that did not work :( .

Thanks alot

Jase Sen

Susan B
04-02-2003, 03:52 PM
I see that no one is brave enough to answer your question. When you have a look at this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=30370) you will see why. ;-)

robo
04-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Jase1

Not that we don't trust you, but we can't go putting things like that here. I personally don't give a rats arse about my CDs, but hate it when games like Diablo II and AOE knacker a CDRom by continually using them. I blame DII for wrecking a cd-writer I had. Any no-cd cracks for my use are generally dodgy ones, too.

I wouldn't ask for help on that here, either.

Sorry.
robo.

Lohsing
04-02-2003, 05:02 PM
I agree with Susan B... but read the thread she has linked VERRRRY carefully.

Lo.

Jase1
04-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Now I see. I had no idea :( . Sorry guys :( . This will never happen again.

Thanks

Jase Sen

Horses Hoof
04-02-2003, 05:34 PM
If you cant copy ur CeeDees you will just have to be more careful of them. Like, put them back in the case after you have used them and hold them by the edges

robo
04-02-2003, 06:13 PM
And don't let a three year old near them.
Actually, don't let a ten year old near them.
robo.

Jase1
06-02-2003, 08:22 AM
Thanks alot guys :)

Jase Sen