PDA

View Full Version : hiding cc. addresses

Johanna
03-02-2003, 11:55 AM
I wonder if there is a way not to expose e-mail addresses when you want to send copies of your letter to cc. mail recipients.
Appreciate your reply.
Thanks

tweak\'e
03-02-2003, 12:05 PM
use BCC.

Gordon.
03-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Use the BBC - Blind Carbon Copy option.

---------------------
To use the Bcc box, on the View menu, select All Headers.

In the Subject box, type a message title.
Type your message, and then click Send on the toolbar.
---------------------

By opening a new message and clicking the All Headers as shown above, the BBC option will be available on every message by default.

tweak\'e
03-02-2003, 12:37 PM
at the risk of sounding rude here....... what email program are those instructions for gordon? :)

Chilling_Silence
03-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Using outlook express, when you create a new message, you can click on where it says "To:" or "CC:" and it'll open up an address-book window, and you can add them into BCC there...

Gordon.
03-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Sorry Tweake........too early in the morning. Outlook Express.

I see now also that the question first posed didn't mention which email program so what I wrote is now assuming the user was referring to OE.

E.ric
03-02-2003, 07:30 PM
They say if you forward jokes on or any other useful information that might be passed on by the next person, delete any Email address in the body of the Email,

And use Bcc: as much as you can, Because if someone along the chain is into spam junk mail they can take any Email addresses they see and forward onto the "spam CDRM" writers

Clueless
03-02-2003, 07:42 PM
As well as spammers, viri have been known to send them selves to all addresses found on the hosts computer. You can atleast protect your freinds from the risk of infection from each other by sending all bulk email to BCC adresses

.Clueless

rads
04-02-2003, 09:27 PM
blind carbon copy is designed for this, though I discovered when using it that I cannot see who I sent the mail to in my "sent" box! (outlook 97).

Clueless
04-02-2003, 09:39 PM
rads..
if you really need to know, check the message source.

:D

.Clueless

Thomas
05-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Or right click,go to properties,look at details.