PDA

View Full Version : PAVPROXY

olldaddy76
01-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Until I disabled my PANDA anti virus.... For the least three days I have been able to get on the net but NOT send e-mail due to a Pavproxy error.
What is a proxy and I guess in this case it is a Pandaproxy but what causes the malfunction.....I have had Panda since August last year with no problems till 3 days ago.
I have contacted Panda yet no reply so I thought if I through it to Press F1 I might be open to answers sooner.....I am using 98SE and not XP where this error is more prevalent according to GOOGLE.

kiwibeat
02-02-2003, 09:56 AM
try uninstalling then reinstall also check your firewall if you have one

olldaddy76
02-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Thanks Kiwi.......I have uninstalled and downloaded again and all appears to be O K.....I have also done a separate virus scan apart from Panda and it was clean too....the computer has always indicated no virus but when you go and look up pavproxy in a search engine you get also known as Trojan.Win32.KKiller {KAV}but on scans there is NO VIRUS????
CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN?
I DO NOT USE A firewall BUT SHOULD I?

kiwibeat
05-02-2003, 08:44 AM
I use zonealarm pro and pestpatrol ,spyware blaster plus a few other tools myself being on cable its wise to have all the protection you can obtain , also download Spybot ad-aware and do a search for anything on you HDD

olldaddy76
05-02-2003, 08:50 AM
I am always mindful that extra duplicate programs MAY decrease my Performance........What is the general thinking on this matter and what are the FACTS......

kiwibeat
05-02-2003, 08:51 AM
http://www.pandasoftware.ca/ex/en/faq/faqs.html

useful page to read PAVPROXY looks like it is is the application that kills trojans

kiwibeat
05-02-2003, 08:57 AM
Panda runs full time but the others are only activated when actively scanning manually activated when I feel the need to do a intensive search mainly for spyware trojans etc .
I too am mindful of wasting resources slowing down my PC etc

kiwibeat
05-02-2003, 09:00 AM
I Have tried or used most utilities over the last few years including norton's which can use up a lot of system resources hence the move to panda I also prefer Fix-It to Norton utils again for the same reason

kiwibeat
05-02-2003, 09:06 AM
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.kkiller.html

this page explains exactly what Trojan.Win32.KKiller [KAV]
does and is quite interesting as well always scan any small exe files downloaded if you need any more advice or help you are welcome to contact me have most of my utils on cd somewhere

olldaddy76
05-02-2003, 09:09 AM
I too use Panda and it was interesting going to FIND and looking at the pavproxy files while experiencing this aberration. They changed and after a Download on Feb 3 I was AOK again......

kiwibeat
05-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Things do get corrupted especially on my PCs it seems had to reinstall my graphics drivers not so long ago my PC running XP pro was restarting for no apparent reason at all must be all tyhe tweaking and overclocking I do lol

kiwibeat
05-02-2003, 09:57 AM
http://spybot.eon.net.au/index.php?lang=en&page=download

worth D/loading and using found a few things on my PC that I did'nt know were present