PDA

View Full Version : Lunar / Olive / Silver

Mark Veldhuizen
21-01-2003, 06:53 AM
When can we get more? I've tried Windows Update but there is no update for more colours. Its been a good year since XP was released, with a major Service Pack, you'd think they'd have made a few more? Personally I want an orange one.

Anyway, anybody got info on when MS will release more colour options?

And I'm not interested in 3rd party software like ThemeXP etc.

cyberchuck
21-01-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey

I think you may be outta luck - You could try the Microsoft Wish List - however I can only find that for their BizTalk Server - so unless you wanna submit something there :p - apart from that have you tried emailing Microsoft and asking about it?

CyberChuck

-=JM=-
21-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Hopefully they do bring some out at some stage. But why not just use a haxed uxtheme.dll which let you run non-MS styles.

Mark Veldhuizen
21-01-2003, 11:42 AM
EH? explain!

-=JM=-
21-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Well the system file which determines what Visual Styles you can use is called uxtheme.dll you just need to replace this with a modified one which will then let you run non standard Visual Styles.

There are plenty of different sites offering them. I'm running a MacOS style at the moment :D

cyberchuck
21-01-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't have XP so I don't know - but is XP pickky over the themes which it uses or something?? - which is why you have to get a modded version of uxtheme.dll?

-=JM=-
21-01-2003, 03:27 PM
It's not picky over themes. It's just that it won't let you use unsigned ones. The new uxtheme.dll fixes that up.

You can get third party software like StyleXP which do effectively the same thing but install more software and a nice pretty GUI and does all the file shifting for you.

Doing it yourself it just makes it as if it was already built into windows.

javoyle
22-01-2003, 01:42 AM
Hey mark watsup? Cant you find any help sites in france? Too bad.
Youre not returning my emails you cabbage.
Hey i was just about to post a thingie on this subject too.
Why cant they have more than three colours... they better in windows 2004. The PCWORLD for dec/jan doesnt mention too much about win2004, but it better be good

Javoyle

Mark Veldhuizen
22-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Press F1 owns over any computer help website in the world, and I will continue to use it forever and ever. I was born in NZ, I'm entitled to use it here in France.

And what emails, I havn't gotten any from you. Resend me them to markveld@paradise.net.nz (I got unlimited net here but its AOL and AOL blows)