PDA

View Full Version : Midtown Madness 2 Graphics

Young Whiz Kid
20-01-2003, 07:42 PM
I just installed Midtown Madness 2 on a Windows XP machine, and I am rather dissapointed with the graphics. I have a GeForce 4 MX440 64mbram. It is a Leadtek Winfast. I opened Midtown Madness 2 and i got a video driver error, saying that i needed some indeo drivers or something. I clicked continue, as I had with a different game, and the graphics quality is very poor. I tried software renderization, which is playable, but i want to maximise the potential of my graphics card which i have just bought. Does anybody know of this problem, and can anybody fix it?

Susan B
20-01-2003, 08:02 PM
> i want to maximise the potential of my graphics card which i have just bought

I know it's obvious, but...... you have remembered to install the drivers that came with the card, haven't you...?

segfault
20-01-2003, 08:07 PM
It may not fix your problem, but have you tried the MM2 patch?

Jen C
20-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Quote from this (http://www.ligos.com/indeo.htm#xp) site:

With the September 2002 update to Windows XP (known as Service Pack 1), Microsoft suspended distribution of the Indeo codecs as a base part of its operating system. This only affects users with new PCs that are shipping with Windows XP Service Pack 1, or clean installs of Windows XP SP1 on an older system. Unfortunately, a number of game and multimedia titles require Indeo to be installed on the OS in order to function.

Was your PC preinstalled with XP +SP1?

Young Whiz Kid
20-01-2003, 08:58 PM
The computer I bought had all drivers installed, with SP1 installed with Windows XP.

Baldy
20-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Its a Microsoft game. If it won't run properly for the above reasons, take it back for a refund

Stumped Badly
20-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Midtown Madness 2 will not work properly on any GeForce card.
There is a patch available for Nvidia chipsets.
http://www.microsoft.com/games/midtown2/
Worked perfectly for me after applying the patch.
Good luck