PDA

View Full Version : Mouse keyboard and other problems

TiMę:*)
20-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Randomly my mouse and keyboard freezes, sometimes its just the mouse and sometimes its just the keyboard. And when I play CS and other games, the scroll on my mouse, scrolls automatically to the knife or other items. Whats wrong?

And when I play CS and small 2D games like Soldat the screen freezes and the sound goes away for about 1 and a half secs then it goes normal again! What is wrong with my comp!

I think this all started to happen when I insalled a Windows update (speechsdk51 and shoot) and RAM Booster. I uninstalled them both and still the same. I also not long ago, got Evidence Elimnator and did a clean on my PC and that made MSN and other some programes not work.
I have WinME

Can anyone think of what is causing all this?
Ooh, my dvd still doesnt work

Tim

[Edited by: admin on Jan 20, 2003 2:29 PM. The capital letters in this post were brought to you by Bruce, since Tim didn't supply them in his original post. Tim, you do know what capital letters are don't you? And when you should use them? They help people understand your questions much better. You should try them.]

roofus
20-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Are these freezes of the mouse and keyboard, only for a matter of seconds?
If so, it sounds like your computer is clogged up with progs, and hence your RAM is becoming all used up.
Have a look at the RAM clutter FAQ. Also disable your RAM booster thing. Those programmes are a waste of time. I'd like to say they are crap but people might be offended by a word like that!!!!!

I think you need to clean your system.
(a proper one, not done by some programme you downloaded off the internet!)

roofus
20-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Post your specs for future help in this thread as well.

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
20-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Really, I know you will be :o, but honestly, I think you should really try a format and start all over again. It is not looking so much like a hardware problem, only your software applications. But if you are looking at a new machine, then :D. But realy to be honest, you should try to start again, and maybe not go as hard on your computer.

20-01-2003, 01:40 PM
No, once my mouse or keyboard freezes it doesnt come back but sometimes it comes back.
evidence eliminator, i got from imag magazine.
i'll look at the fag now
im not sure its ram, i only have antiviurs and rundll32.dll running in the background and then the game

20-01-2003, 01:41 PM
do i need rundll.dll running in the background? my cousin says i do

roofus
20-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Considering the amont of problems you have. And your limited computer knowledge i would suggest that a reinstall is advisable.
If you have norton Ghost use it to make an image of your fresh install. Then if you stuff things up you can go back to it.

Yes you do need rundll32

20-01-2003, 02:05 PM
I cant reformatt. thats why im slowly tying to fix probs, is there other ways i can fix my ram problem? and i dont have norton ghost :*(

are you sure the problem is ram?

Octane
20-01-2003, 02:14 PM
so have you tryed getting the latest drivers for your mouse and keyboard (and ones that are made for winME and not another os)

Octane
20-01-2003, 02:17 PM
also for the sound do you have the correct drivers for that and not ones for a different brand of card/different windows

20-01-2003, 02:39 PM
do you know when you dial up to the internet and then the mouse doesnt respond for 1 sec and media player stops for a sec? its like that all the time when the random 1 sec freeze come.
I have no idea where to get my mouse drivers (i never updated my mouse drivers) but i updated my graphics card driver not long ago (im sure its the right one too)

heres a link of my start up list, can some one tell me what i need andn what i which i can un tick?
www.clanswat.orcon.net.nz/images/msconfig.jpg

i got winME and i got a microsoft intellimouse and a microsoft internet keyboard, where do i get my drivers?

tim

Chilling_Silence
20-01-2003, 02:43 PM
> do you know when you dial up to the internet and then
> the mouse doesnt respond for 1 sec and media player
> stops for a sec? its like that all the time when the
> random 1 sec freeze come.

Nope, but it happens to me too.. You get used to it! Im on Win2K though.

> I have no idea where to get my mouse drivers (i never
> updated my mouse drivers) but i updated my graphics
> card driver not long ago (im sure its the right one
> too)

Yep, looking at your msconfig.jpg file it shows that nview is loading which is part of the more recent drivers AFAIK for nVidia cards. I have the most recent detonators (40.19 I believe) and I have that too

>
> heres a link of my start up list, can some one tell
> me what i need andn what i which i can un tick?
> www.clanswat.orcon.net.nz/images/msconfig.jpg
>

Seems to be all fine.
Do you need the proxy stuff going though?

> i got winME and i got a microsoft intellimouse and a
> microsoft internet keyboard, where do i get my
> drivers?
>

Do a google search for:
download driver ME microsoft
then add intellimouse or internet keyboard onto the end :)

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Octane
20-01-2003, 02:43 PM
what kind of mouse and keyboard do you have?

Chilling_Silence
20-01-2003, 02:44 PM
To quote tim:
> i got winME and i got a microsoft intellimouse and a microsoft internet keyboard, where do i get my drivers?

Octane
20-01-2003, 02:45 PM
oh damn didn't read your post before fully but here is a link hope it helps
http://www.input-drivers.com/companies/667.htm

20-01-2003, 03:10 PM
>Seems to be all fine.
>Do you need the proxy stuff going though?
so i dont need the proxy thing ticked?

Billy T
20-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Why can't you reformat Tim? Trying to fix a major accumulation of problems is very noble and mind expanding but you'd get back to your games faster with a reformat.

Ghost is not expensive so save your spare cash for a while and invest in a copy. You can get it cheap from T&E etc. If you don't want all the bells and whistles you can get a copy of the original Ghost Personal for peanuts and if using a DOS boot disk to run it your computer won't care what version it is, as long as you don't use NTFS that is. :(

After that if you make a mistake or install something really vicious you can be up and running again in a few minutes no matter how big the disaster. If you ghost to a second HDD even an HDD failure is nothing to worry about, except for the cost of course.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)