PDA

View Full Version : Plexuscom router

arfitty
20-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Have a Plexuscom ACC200 USB ADSL router connected to a Xircom ethernet PCMCIA card on a Thinkpad running Win 2000. The router is connected to Jetstream via a splitter. I have installed the appropriate USB driver. Theoretically I shd be cruising the ISH at warp speed.
HOWEVER the router's LED display tells me that it recognises the WAN but not the LAN connection to the PC, whereas the PC tells me that the ethernet card is working, and the connection display tells me that I have TWO LAN connections, numbered 2 and 4 respectively, humming away. As far as I can see I have all the components to make my life better, but I have no action. Any ideas?

tweak\'e
20-01-2003, 08:56 AM
>Have a Plexuscom ACC200 USB ADSL router connected to a Xircom ethernet PCMCIA card

mayby ive missed the bus here but how do you connect a USB modem to a LAN card ? shouldn't it be connected to your usb port?

crozier
20-01-2003, 09:08 AM
I have one of these. The ACC200 is a duel USB and ethernet router. If you have it plugged into both the usb port and the network it could be getting confused. How many PCs are sharing it? If it's only one then you don't need to use the ethernet part, so you can disconnect the network cable. Or unplug the usb and make sure the network cable is connected. Make sure it's set up as per the manual on the CD ROM and get Telecoms settings (I think it's set up for NZ conditions anyway)

arfitty
20-01-2003, 10:21 AM
To quote from the manual: "Plug a USB cable to ACC200 and you shall get a new USB device in your PC. Connect an ethernet RJ-45 cable between your PC or LAN equipments and ACC200 ETHERNET port and ACC200 will turn on the LAN LINK LED." The diagram show a connect from the ethernet port on the router to the PC's ethernet card *and* a link from the USB on the router to the USB on the PC, so I'm completely confused!

tweak\'e
20-01-2003, 10:29 AM
plug it in to the usb or lan ..not both at the same time. don't ya just love translated instuctions ;-)

crozier
20-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Definately one or the other. I've had one PC connected via usb and another via network cable at the same, but never both from the same pc.

arfitty
20-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks, both - naturally, when I read the instructions again, and looked at the diagram, in light of your comments, it became abundantly clear that it's either/or - which also explains the number of connections that kept sprouting as the pc kept trying to figure out what it was meant to do. And then when I looked at the systems diagnostics, there was a clear conflict. So it works, now, and I appreciate the time you took to point me in the right direction!