PDA

View Full Version : File Conversion to .pdf

flying_green_leprachaun
13-01-2003, 06:03 PM
I have looked high & low for a quick simple cheap (in the sense that free is pretty cheap) way of converting files to .pdf format. completely no commercial home use only. I just want a non editable easily distributable file that most anyone can view, & .pdf is pretty ubiquitous

At the moment specifically .doc to .pdf

R.M.
13-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Try this site:
http://www.pdf995.com/download.html

I use it with Publisher, but is also works with Word.

Cheers

agent
13-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Cyberchuck has a good one that doesn't affix "Created with program name" at the bottom, but if you don't mind that, Free EasyPDF is a good one.

kiwistag
20-01-2003, 08:44 PM
There is a freely available way to Print to a PDF document (Adobe Distiller can do this) but it invloves Samba, Linux & GhostScript.

;P

cyberchuck
21-01-2003, 07:36 AM
Hey

I'd reccomend PDF995 as suggested above - with the only drawback being that you have to install an Apple LaserWrite 2 printer (just the drivers - you don't have to buy one) in some cases as so the Program can get the PostScript Text drivers or something - don't worry about it too much, as the drivers come with Windows. - You can even setup PDF995 as a shared Printer :D
Then, all you have to do to print is Select your printer as PDF995 or something like that, it will Print, and then the PDF995 Conversion thinga-me-bobby comes up asking what you'd like to save the file as and where, etc...
Haven't tried it a while, but last time I checked it was one of the few proggy's I tested that didn't put stuff like "this PDF was created by www.mypdf.com" or give you corny backgrounds ;)

CyberChuck

R.M.
21-01-2003, 07:49 AM
It wasn't at all difficult to do - even I managed it with no trouble at all!

cyberchuck
21-01-2003, 08:14 AM
It's a great program isn't it? - either that our you could spend $500 on Adobe FirstPage or something like that :D
I even managed to get it running on a Pentium 166Mhz running Windows 95 with no problems at all!

discus
22-01-2003, 10:34 AM
If you have a few email addresses you can get 5 free conversions for each one through Adobe's online service - go to createpdf.adobe.com

All depends on how many you want to do.