PDA

View Full Version : Ahead Incd

rabanfield
13-01-2003, 01:15 PM
I recently installed Incd as the blurb said it was drag and drop and much simpler than burning ...I want to use it to backup important files...It worked fine with my office and download files but when I tried to drag and drop "my documents " it said that move wasn't allowed (no reason) I have found cut and paste works with it but wondered if anyone else had struck this problem ...and why it does it.
As I see it it appears there is no advantage using this program over burning to cdrw using Nero... any comments
Ray

Kame
13-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Maybe it's because it's only a shortcut to the actual My Docs location. Is it the exact path location/folder?

Chilling_Silence
13-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Try a folder other than My Documents, as it is a sytem folder, I dont think that'd let you move it like that :) Copy and Paster would work, Im not sure about Cut and paste.

That seems like the most obvious thing to me :)

rabanfield
14-01-2003, 06:50 AM
I wasn't trying to move it, merely copy it as a backup.....but yeah the desktop icon is only a shortcut isn't it.....however i don't see why that would prevent it from copying

wotz
14-01-2003, 07:36 AM
I have Incd on my 'send to' menu. Not sure if it put itself there or I made it, but works great from windows explorer.

Chilling_Silence
14-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Yes, Its in the SendTo menu for me as well.

Trying to use the desktop Icon I doubt will work.

You'd probably need to go to the actual location on the HDD of it:

Win9x:
c:\My Documents\

Win2K/XP:
c:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\

Try that, and also I would suggest you try the SendTo function!

rabanfield
17-01-2003, 06:13 AM
thaks for the advice....another question ,after formatting a cd in incd can it be reused in Nero for a normal burn or is it totally committed to incd

Chilling_Silence
17-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Nope - Ya can just format it again to use it in Nero Burning Rom as per usual!

Just select Format and you're peachy :)