PDA

View Full Version : CD rom Icon acknowledgement

effie C
13-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi Godfather and Chilling_silence
Rather than go back to our original lead up to this - I have to report that since I went into my computer - physically ( finding nothing obvious) I have not hads a crash or loss of Icon since- I must have somehow made the repair, - although I could not feel I had done anything-you must be correct- thank you again
For what it is worth the two young blokes who taught me so long ago - finally answered my plea and agreed that a faulty (40 wire?)cable with an intermittant contact with the tiny wires must be the answer
I shall yell if it happens again but am informed a new cable would help
effie c

godfather
13-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Great news.

Its not the first time something has been fixed by "reinforcing" the connections of plugs and sockets, even when you cannot tell if they were partly loose or not.

Graham L
13-01-2003, 04:13 PM
There is also the well-known "Rubber Chicken" method of repairing computers. You move the chicken (or other toy which is stuck on top of the monitor), and the fault goes away. Opening the case, closing it, then moving the chicken is even more powerful. :D

Chilling_Silence
13-01-2003, 04:19 PM
> There is also the well-known "Rubber Chicken" method
>

I like rubber ducky's better, but Its good to hear that you're PC is all good :)