PDA

View Full Version : Similar to SystemWorks

Lohsing
13-01-2003, 10:27 AM
Anyone know of a package similar to Norton SystemWorks 2003? At work, we are running NT 4.0 which SystemWorks does not support. It seems to be every other OS (incl 98) except for NT... Yes it does support 2000 Pro and XP Home and Pro...

Just like to be able to hit a "one button checkup" and fix all errors etc... Trialware would be awesome, to demo and see whether or not it is effective!

Otherwise... would upgrading from NT 4.0 to 2k Pro cause any problems? Generally, the computers are low-end machines more for work etc... I was concerned the settings, drivers, network settings etc would all be wiped in the upgrade... Would this be the case??

Thanks in advance...

Lo.

Chilling_Silence
13-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Upgrading should be fine.. Make a note of the drivers though, Just in case.

If the drivers are standard with NT4 then you should be sweet as in that dept.
If not, then you may still be okay, but note them down just in case.

Network settings should be kept if you're upgrading the OS, but again, there's no harm in noting them down on a piece of paper just to be on the safe side :)

Low end machines.. Ive run 2K on a 120Mhz with 48 MB RAM. It was admittedly a little slow, but It would be better on 300Mhz up with 128MB RAM.

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Lohsing
13-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Thanks for that! I guess upgrading is the answer then... Will try it on my machine before testing on the other work machines we have! ;)

Thanks again...

Lo.

-=JM=-
13-01-2003, 11:20 AM
You could hunt an older version of SystemWorks possibly.