View Full Version : sony video hi 8 cassette recorder

12-01-2003, 05:29 PM
I own a Sony Hi Fi stereo Video 8 Cassette Recorder (EV-C500E) (PAL)and I am seeking a remote control for it and the manual.

I appreciate that this model was released many years ago and as had very little use. The retailer I purchased from had lost the remaote and manual.

Any information is welcomed as I wish to use it for playing Video 8 cassettes for transription to DVD on a Philips DVR890. At present I am unable to actribvate the Hi8 setting and lose resolution in the transfer.

Personal contact may be made to me personally on (06)354 3737

12-01-2003, 06:50 PM

Have you tried using a universal remote? - as most are compatible with older VCR's


12-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Try any of the buttons on the VCR unit itself - it might be there somewhere. If it's not, then you're at a complete loss. Then, try borrowing a VCR off someone else.

12-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Also - I would strongly reccomend not using your email address as your user name in a public forum due to the fact spammers can search through places like this to gain new email addresses


12-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Hello there, won't the VCR select the Hi8 mode only if the tape being played back is a Hi8 tape and has as been recorded in the Hi8 format.
In your post you state that you are using (standard?) video 8 tapes.If so the Hi8 mode won't activate. Also do a google search using the model number I did see some second hand units for sale(in the uk tho!).
Also try your local video camera club,as these units did have some use editing "home movies's"
Good luck! Andrew

13-01-2003, 10:50 AM
I've got a remote here for a sony video 8 with the part No. VTR RMT-713 on the front. If you think it is the one, let me know, it doesn't have many buttons on it though, just stop/ play and the like


24-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Thank you. It was put in place in error and as yet don't know how to correct my foolishness.g

24-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Send an email to Bruce Buckman (mailto:bruce_buckman@idg.co.nz) and ask him to change your username for you