PDA

View Full Version : Printer Spool Size. How To Increase?

I_Am
12-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Hi,
I am trying to print up to 400 certificates through an Excel programe.
Unfortuantly the spool will only take 108 jobs in the cue in one run.
if I re-start the printing process apon the error message the spool will take more(Unlimited it seems)but only a futher 108.
At other times will only take 28 jobs befor producing and error, so it seems something somewhere cloggs up.
Any clues?
Regards Ron

Mike
12-01-2003, 05:10 PM
I believe printer spooling is limited to the amount of memory the printer has - the more memory, the more you can send at one time. Try printing in lots of 100.

Mike.

Babe Ruth
12-01-2003, 05:18 PM
I_Am,

Further to Mikes' suggestion also make sure that your TEMP directory is tidied up (you can delete those files in there through Windows Explorer or use something like Spider {I believe there is info on Spider in an FAQ on this site})

Also be sure to clear out your SPOOL file directory by default for Windows 9x/ME it is in DRIVE:\WINDOWS\spool\PRINTERS where DRIVE is something like C for example. Now IF you are NOT printing anything at the time there should NOT be any files left in that SPOOL directory so... delete EVERYTHING in that directory. NOTE The SPOOL directory is a system hidden directory so you will need to turn on the appropriate option in your Windows Explorer setting to view it.

Babe.

mikebartnz
14-01-2003, 10:43 PM
I have seen a similar problem when printing numerous pages. It turned out that if I set the printer port to the basic Bi-direction in the Bios their printer worked perfectly.