PDA

View Full Version : Transfering photos on to my computer

Gazza
12-01-2003, 11:58 AM
I have Windows XP. When I scan photos to place in my Pictures album I get a choice of the file format that I want to use e.g. Gif, Tiff, Jpeg etc. Recently I purchased a digital camera. When I Transfer these photos, directly from the camera on to my computer I do not get a choice of the file format that I want to use and thus Jpeg is used as default. Does anyone know how I can convert the Jpeg images into say Tiff once I have them on my computer?

honeylaser
12-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Do you have MS Photo Editor? Or any other photo viewing or imaging programs? Most give you the option to 'save as' in a different format sich as .tif

raddersnz
12-01-2003, 01:21 PM
>>Does anyone know how I can convert the Jpeg images into say Tiff once I have them on my computer?

There are a few Photoshop titles out there which will do what you are asking here. I'm sure one of the PCWorld CDs must have a trial of a photoshop on it?:|

radz:p

Andrew B
12-01-2003, 01:29 PM
On the CD that came with July 2001 NZ PC World there were 9 free graphics programs, including one called Irfan View which can save images in a variety of formats including TIFF. Probably the other progams can too. I also have a evaluation copy of Advanced Batch Converter that can change file formats. It can be downloaded from www.batchconverter.com

Kiwitas
12-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Hi Gazza,

Someone has already posted that Irfanview is on a PC World CD
and you will find it one of the best "FREE" one's about!

I believe that "Gimp" is also another very good free one!(look for addresses on GOOGLE)and download one if you haven't got a CD.

I use U-Lead's photo-express3,as it came with my digicam and it gives you the options as to what to file your pics as!

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)