PDA

View Full Version : WS_FTP_LE Problems

Kiwitas
11-01-2003, 11:50 PM
I have a problem with my FTP client in that I can't download files
as I can't recognise which is which?
I have posted a screenshot HERE (suttons.orcon.net.nz/ftp.html)
to show what app looks like as connected!(sorry it isn't very clear as I condensed it to a GIF file to save space!)

Once upon a time the right-hand box was the same as left,so that to retrieve files from my website,I just clicked on the<----- button!
But as you can see every file looks the same!ie;users/date!

It is not a problem to update my pages as the old ones are over-written but it wont take long to use my allocation as these files still remain on site!

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

Clueless
12-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Could you blow ws_ftp up to full screen so we can see that?
Those files saying "users size=0" dont look encouraging. they look downtright weird

.54 of 10.00 meg.. i dont think you need to worry too much about the size of the image files....

.Clueless

godfather
12-01-2003, 12:13 AM
4.54 of 10 meg (perhaps I have better resolution?)

Cant you delete them from the orcon site?

wuppo
12-01-2003, 12:19 AM
It looks like a corruption in WS_ftp displaying the data - users is the group the files belong to.
When you sent the 'ftp.html' file up - did it display OK in the server directory, or is it 'nameless' like the others. If they are all nameless, I would re-install WS_FTP.

Clueless
12-01-2003, 12:23 AM
>4.54 of 10 meg (perhaps I have better resolution?)

indeed you must, what i can see reads more like /.54 The "/" had me confused, i never thought it might be the only visible part of a "4"

.Clueless

Kiwitas
12-01-2003, 12:51 AM
Thank's wuppo,

What are the consequences of re-installing the app?

Will I lose all the existing data?

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

wuppo
12-01-2003, 09:14 AM
You will probably loose your 'orcon' profile within ws_ftp, so note down the details before re-installing.

Out of interest, in WS_FTP do you get a sensible display if you click the 'dirinfo' button (should list the file names on the RHS of the window that opens).

Kiwitas
12-01-2003, 05:46 PM
No wuppo,if I click on the "dirinfo" it opens my html editor(NoteTab)and displays a log of all uploaded files!

I haven't tried an un-install/re-install yet as there are some settings
that I am trying to decipher by reading the HELP files!
I might have to post them to check that I have ticked the correct boxes?

Thank's for help to date everyone

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)