PDA

View Full Version : PC Company modem drivers

tango
11-01-2003, 02:39 PM
My computer came with the modem drivers pre-installed, but I formatted, and now the drivers that Windows XP has installed don't support voice. It's a PC Company Athlon XP 1800+ with a 56k.

On the HDD was a folder called "setup" that had all the drivers I needed for everything, eg video, printer etc, but the modom directory is empty. Does anyone know? cheers~~~

Susan B
11-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Did you not get a "Recovery" CD from PC Co, or any CD at all? If you did you might find the drivers on that. If not, give them a yell and ask them for some.

cyberchuck
11-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey

Could you tell us the brand of your modem so we can find suitable drivers for it?

Also, have you tried downloading the PC Company technical support program for Windows XP (ftp://ho.thepccompany.co.nz/Information/Support/support-user%20(v2.0.5).exe)
This will supposedly solve computer problems with XP

CyberChuck

tango
11-01-2003, 04:01 PM
nah man I don't know any brands or anything. Windows just installed a generic driver, and the sheet that shows all the stuff included in my comp just says "PCI modem". I'll try that program on the PC Co. site...

Sam H
11-01-2003, 04:14 PM
There should be a floppy disk that was included with your pc package that will have the modem drivers on it. If not take a floppy along to your nearest showroom and ask for them to put the modem drivers on to it for you.

godfather
11-01-2003, 04:42 PM
They probably use a range of generic PCI winmodems. May differ from PC model to model.

A quick way of finding the maker is often by searching the PTC approval number Telecom have issued, its found stuck onto the modem card itself.

Often the makers name is on the actual modem printed circuit card as well. Just a matter of looking at it.

J ZEP
11-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Hi Tango, i had the same thing awhile back - needed to know my modem brand etc...(pc co computer) so i just rang them on the 0800 477 588 no. and they gave me the details which i copied down for future reference, so if you have no joy anywhere else before monday that may be the way to go. Also i am sure they have got an ftp site with the drivers on to download if i remember rightly? But that isn't much use till you have the driver imfo ;-) here is the ftp driver site which i just found
ftp://ho.thepccompany.co.nz/Drivers/