PDA

View Full Version : NZ PC world magazine is the best.

E.ric
11-01-2003, 09:14 AM
Oh silly me I missed a word or two in the subject line “The CDROM from NZ PC world magazine is the best magazine CDROM” I must poof read more often. But it is still true.

CDROM's from other magazines seem to freeze up my computer, has anybody else found a solution? I was thinking of installing a old, slow, good, second hand one in the computer and see if that works all right.

Susan B
11-01-2003, 10:16 AM
What I do is not allow the CDs to autorun when I pop them in the CD drive. The easiest way is to hold down the shift key before closing the drive's door until the CD has spun up to speed.

Once that is done I just either browse the CD from Win Explorer or run the index.htm and browse that. Never had a problem with any CDs yet (touchwood). Letting them autorun can be a different story however...

Graham L
11-01-2003, 03:20 PM
I used to have major troubles with PC User CDs, whereas APC CDs, the magazine owned by the same publisher, have never given me any trouble. But I don't have problems with any now. It may be that my fastest drive is X24, but I only had X2 when the PCU ones gave problems. :D