PDA

View Full Version : Paradise knwoing im in france

Mark Veldhuizen
11-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Same happened with orcon, I think because I'm currently in france its not letting me email and stuff. It says the target email is rejected on the server. I think it knows, from my ISP or IP or System info (which is changed to france for modem to work properly) that im not in NZ and is therefore stopping my using their resources.

Mark Veldhuizen
11-01-2003, 12:12 AM
HMMMM it lets me email other paradise emails, ANNND i can recieve all mail from hotmail, etc, just not send to it. ???

E.ric
11-01-2003, 12:12 AM
have you been to http://www.mail2web.com to get your mail.

Clueless
11-01-2003, 12:15 AM
When you send you will of course be using your local ISPs SMTP server.
I'm surprised to hear that pop3 access is blocked from international access even from paying customers!

.Clueless

Mark Veldhuizen
11-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Yeah hmmm its weird my mother is still in NZ and paying, using her own paradise email fine. Just blocks me, tis all.

Clueless
11-01-2003, 12:24 AM
are you 100% sure you have all then pop settings etc right?

.Clueless

E.ric
11-01-2003, 12:33 AM
> HMMMM it lets me email other paradise emails, ANNND i
> can recieve all mail from hotmail, etc, just not send
> to it. ???

in that case you might be able to use http://www.web2mail.com I have not used it so let me know how it goes.

Wow !! that was a hard link it took me four goes to get it working right.

Big John
11-01-2003, 10:13 AM
You should be able to grab your e-mail via POP3 but if you want to send e-mail then in most cases you need to be connected directly to your ISP to be able to send e-mail via SMTP which is what sends the e-mails.

You can ask for SMTP authenticatopn but this usually adds a small amount to the bill.

daninjapan
11-01-2003, 01:51 PM
they don't know ****.

i am in japan and i still use my paradise email (ie. .......@paradise.net.nz)

in email client pop3 is athuenticated thru paradise(just like in nz), smtp done thru japanese isp(as no authenticatication neededfor smtp).

simple.

daninjapan
11-01-2003, 01:52 PM
ps. paradise don't support doing what i'm doing. (see earlier post)

Big John
11-01-2003, 02:19 PM
> they don't know ****.
>
> i am in japan and i still use my paradise email (ie.
> .......@paradise.net.nz)
>
> in email client pop3 is athuenticated thru
> paradise(just like in nz), smtp done thru japanese
> isp(as no authenticatication neededfor smtp).

There is no authentication for POP3. It is a simple username/password for Paradise and can be used from anywhere in the world. SMTP on the other hand will only work on Paradise if you are connected directly to the ISP.

My IHUG account on the other hand has SMTP authentication turned on and I can send mail through it to anywhere while I am connected to any ISP. Not many left that leave SMTP completely open though as they are the Spam relays

Mark Veldhuizen
11-01-2003, 07:53 PM
im with AOL and have no smtp server...