PDA

View Full Version : SIS 645 north bridge

Ron Bakker
10-01-2003, 11:40 PM
My latest Unreal mission is to learn about motherboards in order to find out how to sort out the bottleneck I think I have with Unreal2003 which completely locks up the whole system leaving me with an unnegotiable screen shot that only the reset button can clear. p4 2ghz 512ram triplexti4200 64mb wd se 80gighd. I tried unreal 2003. on a mates machine that had a 2.4ghz p4 with the a leadtek ti4200128mb card & his machine seemed to handle quite a bit better even with the antialiasing turned up. I have the latest nvidia drivers installed. Nortons Utilites tells me that nearly all my ram is being used & my vm is hardly being used which I gues is good . this is just a follow on from my(64 or 128)posting. But what I was going to ask is there much difference in north bridge chips . On my GA-8SRX motherboard I have a SIS 645 . Are they any good.

tweak\'e
11-01-2003, 11:52 AM
when does it actually lock up?

i doubt you have a bottleneck problem (which causes it to be slow not crash).

Ron Bakker
11-01-2003, 01:33 PM
With unreal when one starts a level they get a chance to fly around to look at the terrain but when the fire button is pressed it count's down then the battle begins. It' quite often at this stage that the machine will lock up or a small while into the game.