PDA

View Full Version : Office XP User Error

Young Whiz Kid
10-01-2003, 01:00 PM
I have Microsoft Office XP running on MS Windows 98, and when I start up Word, Excel, Access Frontpage, Outlook, it says that:

Microsoft Word (Excel, Access, Outlook etc. for corresponding programs) has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application.

I recently installed Fresh Download, and a trial version of Jasc Paintshop Pro. I uninstalled both, and nothong happened. I reinstalleed Microsoft Office XP, and the same error keeps coming up. I log of my user name, and log on without one, and still nothoing happens. Does anybody know how to cure this problem?

godfather
10-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Look here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q302846) for Microsoft's solution.

Young Whiz Kid
10-01-2003, 04:18 PM
I tried re-installation, even though I don't have user profiles enabled, and I tried re-installation on both logons. It doesn't make any difference. Could this be a virus? I am going to scan soon, if nobaody can shed any light to another possible problem somewhere else conflicting with office.
Please Help.....Office is needed urgently!

godfather
10-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Re-installing seldom cures these things. You have to do a COMPLETE uninstall first. A reinstall will not necessarily replace system files as they already exist, be it in a corrupted form.