PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger

caffy
10-01-2003, 09:11 AM
Am having problems signing in - was wondering if anyone else has the same problem? `

MSN was working fine when I last used it last night

Cheers

cyberchuck
10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Hey

I'm having problems signing in now, although ICQ is still up'n'running. Also I have an @msn.com email addy and they're supposed to sometime not work properly.

Have you tried filling out this form (http://lc2.law13.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-bin/dasp/ua_info.asp?_lang=EN&pg=problems&id=2&fs=1&cb=_lang%3dEN%26country%3dUS&ct=1042152196) to Notify MSN/Hotmail of your problem?

CyberChuck

Jams
10-01-2003, 11:47 AM
MSN is having real troubles to day! i couldnt send any mail, or go to any chat rooms,my friends are having the same problem
!

Chilling_Silence
10-01-2003, 11:51 AM
If you goto mess.be, there's a poll going on about mondays outages.. I wasnt affected, but I know most of my contacts were :)

TiMę:*)
10-01-2003, 11:59 AM
I signed in earlier this morning (so did beef) and i couldnt recieve a file so i signed out, now i cant sign in :*|

-=JM=-
10-01-2003, 12:29 PM
No go for me with a msn.com addy and Trillian.

Beef
10-01-2003, 12:59 PM
I had no problems signing

At one time I was the only person online in my list (I added myself)

And that's a first :/

Chilling_Silence
10-01-2003, 01:06 PM
> I had no problems signing
>
> At one time I was the only person online in my list
> (I added myself)
>
> And that's a first :/

So Im not the only one who does that?!

It just completes the "Family" group having me in there ;)

cyberchuck
10-01-2003, 01:19 PM
The only problem is MSN Messenger 5.0 doesn't allow you to chat to yourself - you get a nice alert window saying "You cannot communicate with yourself" or something like that! - if I could sign in, I'd tell you

Hey - I wonder what would happen if you were to transfer a file to yourself or do a voice chat with yourself???

CyberChuck

csinclair83
10-01-2003, 01:26 PM
All we can do is keep tryinhg..

and also..when it says msn is temporary outta service blah.. and click ok or cancel or help...PRESS help and it will take u to msn status page..and tell u if the service is having difficulties..and i checked and it says minor..and some people will have problems signing in.....and they are working to fix it....and i just signed out of msn..and signed back in and it worked without a problem so i am guessing its getting fixed as we speak :D

Trillian...i tried that since msn was not signing in and it signed in without a problem..and after 1 hour of trying msn it eventually signed in....
and..since u mentioned "last nite was working fine" anything can happen overnight ;)

csinclair83
10-01-2003, 01:27 PM
u can actually talk with urself :d have 2 msns...or trillian and msn..and 2 different email addys...
and transfer..i dunno..but if on 2 different computers..definately can ;)

Chilling_Silence
10-01-2003, 01:29 PM
use mess.be's polypoly patch and sign in to two different accounts on the one PC...

Wee time killer there...

honeylaser
10-01-2003, 01:31 PM
The IDG article (http://www.idg.net.nz/webhome.nsf/UNID/78E33A94A3FC9F5ACC256CA7000E0E8E!opendocument) about the outage the other days references a link where you can see the status of messenger and all the rest:
http://messenger.msn.com/support/status.asp

At the moment, it says:
.NET Messenger Service Minor difficulties
.NET Voice Service All systems go

.NET Messenger Service

Some users may experience problems signing in to the service. If you are currently signed in, some features may not be available, such as the ability to receive the latest information on your tabs or sign up with a voice service provider. We are working to fix these issues and apologize for the inconvenience.