PDA

View Full Version : BenQ 4816P CDRW a real good one

valiantnz
09-01-2003, 03:56 AM
I just bought a BenQ4816P 48x12x48 cdrw before Xmas and was concerned it may not be up to the tasks of the greats like Asus and Liteon. But this is a really good burner that has allowed me to burn every thing I have asked of it.Especially with the trial version of alcohol120%. This BenQ is better than other earlier ones and so far has performed as good as my mates Asus.

Clueless
09-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Gidday Valiantnz,

I see you are in Greymouth too! I'm escaping back home this afternoon, i'm sure my dog will be missing me.

Heres my opinion of the benQ range of CDRW (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=22287). That was experiances from 6 month ago, and i would be keen to know if things have got better, and particually how it deals with burning several CDs in a row, and how well it is working in a couple of months.

.Clueless (AKA "Chris Wilson" from above link)

Chilling_Silence
09-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Try several different CD-R Brands too.. Not just the one, try a broad range coz you can usually by them cheap individually :-)

valiantnz
09-01-2003, 12:32 PM
ok thanks I will try different media types. As for burning multiple CD's in a row. Well I backed up nearly 10 discs in a row the other nite. Yes older benqs were rubbish I believe, and I started getting worried about this one until I tried it out. At $170 the cheapest I could find on pricespy was $150. I will keep you posted on the burners reliability and performance over the next year.

Clueless
09-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Goodo!

(Hello all, i'm back in CHCH now)

And to match my "Are all benQ rubbish?" thread we hopefully will get "12 month old benQ still works!" thread.

.Clueless

Baldy
09-01-2003, 08:41 PM
That was a quick trip

Clueless
09-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Just a few days Baldy, I was relaxing in Greymouth with the chick
nice...

.Clueless

valiantnz
10-01-2003, 12:29 AM
yes lets hope so. I rushed in to buying this burner. I had wanted one for a while but the price seemed right at $170. When I got it home my brother went a bit crock for me not doing my home work before I want out and boughta burner. Instead of looking it up on the net when I had it at home in my hand.First reports I read in a google search for my benq burner didn't look good. But then I ended up at the clonecd site and a couple of positive things were said about it. I do feel that I got lucky as so far it has performed as well as my brothers liteon and a mates asus burner. And I forgot about all the pc company duds being benq or I would have stayed well away from benq as a burner. Pesonally I would recommend Liteon or Asus for burners still now I know a bit more. As liteon are just as cheap as any other burner on the market.Just looked at www.pricespy.co.nz and there is aliteon 48x24x48 for $135. My god that is cheap.
PS why does it say I am responding to a post that is over a month old?. Done thtat when I started this post.

Clueless
10-01-2003, 07:18 AM
>why does it say I am responding to a post that is over a month old

It seems to be a 2003 thing. Do you remember how back in 2002 we got used to the idea that hardware older than a year was antique? Now in this enlightened year we at PF1 learn that anything written previously is allready out of date.

:D What am i doing out of bed at this time? :p

.Clueless

Susan B
10-01-2003, 08:13 AM
> Just looked at www.pricespy.co.nz and there is aliteon 48x24x48 for $135. My god that is cheap.

<cringe> I didn't need to read that.... :-(

Mind you, I've had over a year's good use out of my 24x10x40 Lite-On now and I'm very happy with it. Hopefully you will be with yours too. :-)

Susan B
10-01-2003, 08:15 AM
> What am i doing out of bed at this time?

I was wondering that! Got your time clock messed up since you been away? :D

Pibs
10-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Interesting about the burners, I purchased one from Harvey Norman for $99.95 for my grandson, he said it works fine, no dud copies and no problems. (I hope)
Pibs

Clueless
10-01-2003, 10:07 AM
>I purchased one from Harvey Norman for $99.95

Come on Pibs, if your goin to tell us that, atleast tell us the brand, model, & specs??????

.Clueless