PDA

View Full Version : OT: 101 things to do with CD's

honeylaser
08-01-2003, 06:22 PM
After realising that we have a couple of hundred junk CD's lying around at home, I went searching for things to do with them and came across the following site: Hints and Things - 101 Things to do with CD's (http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/musichall/CDroms.htm). Its got some great ideas, and I thought you guys might appreciate the link.

If anyone has any other ideas, let me know! We're thinking of glueing them in a stack and making a lamp :D

cyberchuck
08-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey

You could always use the CD's as they were intended for :p - otherwise you could bundle 'em up and sell 'em on trademe..
one man's junk is another man's treasure

CyberChuck

honeylaser
08-01-2003, 08:24 PM
> Hey
>
> You could always use the CD's as they were intended
> for :p

Yeah, well unfortunately we aren't in the habit of buying RW CD's. Unless of course you meant coasters??

> - otherwise you could bundle 'em up and sell
> 'em on trademe..
> one man's junk is another man's treasure

Nah, we want to DO something with them! Its a whopping great collection - and a lot of money has been put into purchasing blanks which have gotten stuffed!

cyberchuck
08-01-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey

I thought you were referring to the CD's that came with stuff like PCWorld and not dud blank disks... (sorry - my fault)

I have a big pile of dud disks in my room.. no idea why, it's just I'm too lazy to throw them in the bin

CyberChuck

Baldy
08-01-2003, 09:48 PM
A friends son has all his duds stuck on his bedroom wall. Gives a way-out holographic effect of bouncing light as the sun shines through the window.

BALDY:-)

Pollly
09-01-2003, 01:30 AM
You could go and look here. (http://www.knutselvreugde.50megs.com/photo5.html)

But you might need this (http://www.freedict.com/onldict/dut.html) at the same time...

:)

Danger
09-01-2003, 01:59 AM
If you had enough you could tile your bathroom. Or use them to reflect light to a dark part of the house. Or glue them togeather to make trolley wheels for the kids, or golf caddy wheels. Or a rolling pin.
I might glue some to my kayak so that they reflect light and make me more visable out on the water for other boats or search and rescue. Should be a part of every survivor pack. Fix them to a sheet and make a survival blanket:D
Fix them to the spokes of your bicycle for a cool visual and audible affect.
Make wing mirrors out of them (most people don't ever use them anyway:))
Hold them in the palm of the hands when swiming for added power. Or walk around balancing as many as posible on the head to develop poise.
Throw them at Russell Coutts when he sails of against Team New Zealand, or try to distract him by reflecting the sun in his eyes from large boards covered in disc's.
Stick them in that noisy dudes Borla muffler down the road.

Clueless
09-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Baldy,
Do you have those backlit billboards in busstops down there?
If so, you might have got to see the sony(?i think) CD add made from blank CDs.... It certainly atracted attention, and must be just like your friends sons wall.

.Clueless

cyberchuck
09-01-2003, 09:33 AM
I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO :D

If you get heaps of dud discs (eg ones that didn't burn correctly) - you got get a CD Stomper and then next time you go to a computing expo hand out all the discs that will now say they have Microsoft Longhorn RC1 on them :p

CyberChuck

cyberchuck
09-01-2003, 09:34 AM
whoops...
that should've been:
(eg ones that didn't burn correctly) - you then get a CD stomper...

CyberChuck

Chilling_Silence
09-01-2003, 11:19 AM
My mum made clocks out of them.. decorating one side and making it into a clock face :-)

Retail now for about $10 each! and its recycling :D

Susan B
09-01-2003, 02:23 PM
> I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO :D
>
> If you get heaps of dud discs (eg ones that didn't
> burn correctly) - you got get a CD Stomper and then
> next time you go to a computing expo hand out all the
> discs that will now say they have Microsoft Longhorn
> RC1 on them :p
>
> CyberChuck

:O CyberChuck, you are priceless!! :D :D

PS I got the adoption papers.... :p :D

cyberchuck
09-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Gee

Well thanks Susan.. See if you can come on CF1 tonight as Psyco's not home and I've got the computer all too myself :D
(Well atleast I don't think she'll be home tonight.... she muttered something about locking the Ranchslider behind her, and walked out the door with her friend...)

Dear God PLEASE let her stay at her friends tonight

A very hopeful Chuckie