PDA

View Full Version : Balck and White Video Capture

kiwitanker
08-01-2003, 02:50 PM
I have a leadek gf4mx 440 with vivo. It won't capture in colour from an s-video sorce any more.
I am sure that it was capturing in perfect colour previously when i breifly tested it. Now the checkbox that says allow colour in the configure Nvidia WDM Video capture daialog box is nonselectable. why?

I have tested the source on a vcr. it is in colour. if i say that the source is composite the image had strange colours (like all inverted)

any help would be greatly appreaciated

kiwitanker

Chilling_Silence
08-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Have you updated to the latest Detondator's from nVidia.com?

kiwitanker
19-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Right i 'solved' it myself. What was needed was the latest WDM driver from nVidia. this is not the detonator driver. it is a separate download. i got version 1.22. Anyway now composite in works in proper colour not pale washed out and partially inverted colour like it did previously. Setting it to s--video is still black and white but i don't care if the other works.
My computer was a PB Tech PC and i special ordered the vivo capable card. They didn't install the wdm driver with the pc which started it all. i would have thought that nVidia would have included it in their unified all in one driver package. perhaps that's what PB tech thought.
Anyway my problems pretty much all fixed.