PDA

View Full Version : The whole reformatting process

csinclair83
07-01-2003, 05:19 PM
I know its a job alot of u have done quite often...i've not done it on this new computer yet..had it for 6 monhts now...2morrow actually..

Anyway..i've got nearly 3gig of downloaded games/music/latest versions of msn/yahoo/icq.....and i dont know what to do wif them...do i actually need to put them alllllllll on cds...till they all fit? or can i do something else...i dont know what..but yeah...

Kame
07-01-2003, 05:38 PM
3 Gigs doesn't sound like much to put onto CD. Try 80gigs from my side. I've been thinking (for 2 years) about backing it up but 80gigs = a hell of a lot of CDs so my best option to me is buying an 80gig hard drive and place a clean OS installation on that and copy over what I need to the new drive then format the drives. That way I end up with a clean installation plus more HDD space.

If there's an easier and cheaper method I'd wish you good luck.

Possibly try compressing that 3 gigs and you maybe lucky to even cut it down to 1.5 gigs that way it's only about 2 CDs.

Elephant
07-01-2003, 05:53 PM
I don't know what size hard drive you have or if it has more than 1 partition. If you only have 1 partition you could use Partition Manager to create a new partition.

Copy the 3 Gigs to the new logical drive on the new partition then format the C: drive.

There are free partition makers too.