PDA

View Full Version : Host NZ customers

Greg S
07-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Hi. Unfortunately I've lost my mailing list of Host NZ free users due to a range of issues resulting in reformatting without saving a database or two.

This message is to advise that the free hosting trial is being terminated. Thank you to all that subscribed, almost all from our PressF1 forum.

The reason for closing the free hosting is that I've been fortunate enough to accumulate a number of new business customers, and I now require the disk space and bandwidth of the free users to allocate to the business customers. This is purely a commercial decision, and I am sorry to have to close your services. I hope you'll understand. :(

Please investigate other free services available - I know that most will be aware of other free hosting options; PressF1 users often refer to them here.

My last word is... Thank You for giving the Host NZ service a try!

The free services will be cut off at end of January 2003.

Mike
08-01-2003, 08:05 AM
No worries, Greg, and thank's for offering the service!

Good luck with your new clients :D

Mike.

Clueless
08-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Can i make a suggestion?

Perhaps you could allow a redirection or "this page has moved" index page only, this will prevent any lost pages, broken links and all the other hassles that come with sudden termination of a free service. It will also allow hostNZs name to be trust out there just a wee bit longer, without you actually hosting anything substantual.

.Clueless

Greg S
08-01-2003, 03:14 PM
I'd be more than happy to do that, for anyone that requests it. They'd need to send me the address of the their new site.
http://www.hostnz.co.nz/apply.htm

Sam H
10-01-2003, 07:56 PM
No problem Greg,

Great to see you are getting a good customer base.

Greg S
23-01-2003, 04:13 PM
*bump*

Just a final reminder that anyone who wants their old hostnz free account url redirected, to let me know by end of this month, please.

Thx

sal
23-01-2003, 06:55 PM
oh, good bump, i must have missed the thread first time round, good to hear bout it greg, all the best, and thank you for your kind hosting.
dont worry about what have there atm, i have a back up,

grtz sal.
tga