PDA

View Full Version : To put ones details (NAME DATE) ETC

Baldone
06-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi, My question is, can any one tell me how to put my details, ie, Name Date etc, on Photos that I want to place on the web, this is by scanning them to the site, and hopefully have the details at the top, or the bottom of the photo? I'm using M.S. XP and have a HP scan jet 2200c,

roofus
06-01-2003, 10:33 PM
You mean like how when you put your mouse over the IDG icon in the corner of the PressF1 banner up the top it says "IDGnet Home"?
If so i think you need to download a website maker and have a look. It is a common and basic feature of any web editing software.

Baldone
07-01-2003, 06:10 AM
Roofus, Thanks for that I will have ago at it, I have a program of sorts that may work,

cyberchuck
07-01-2003, 06:42 AM
Hey

Or if you want to do html programming yourself you could always go:

pathtoimage.jpg

where "pathtoimage" is the virtual path to your image including the image name (don't put in C:\ etc -just need folders from the website root directory), .jpg to whatever format the image is in and "This is My Image" to whatever you want your image to have

CyberChuck

CyberChuck

tommy
07-01-2003, 11:23 AM
If you upload a photo or a graphic to a website then only the photo (or graphic) will be displayed at that link/location. If you create a webpage with the photo or graphic link in the webpage you are able to add whatever text you require. This text may be displayed when a mouse is hovered over the graphic (with the "alt=" tag) or displayed independent of the graphic. The other two respondants' advice is based on creating a webpage containing your photos/graphics links.

Graham L
07-01-2003, 02:43 PM
The alt is intended more as a courtesy to people who don't display graphics. The alt string is displayed instead of the picture. :D (There are still people using Lynx. :D)