PDA

View Full Version : ClearNet Tempest 256K

Carlito
06-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Hi, I am interested in getting the Internet Connection in the title above, but I obviously have a few things I would like answered first. Since the ClearNet people (or is it the paradise.net people? or the TelstraClear people?) aren't likely to just let me trial the connection, I would like to hear from anyone who actually has the connection, and what things you do and dont like about it.

I already have an ADSL JetStart connection thru paradise.net but have just moved house, and since I have to pay Telecom $99 to reconnect, I thought I would explore other options first.
I understand that Tempest 256K costs $125 to set up, and then is $99 a month. Does anyone know if that would include both the Telecom setup fee and/or the $30 a month they charge for ADSL access??

Any help you guys and gals can give will be greatly appreciated,

Carlito Andersson

BIFF
06-01-2003, 04:43 PM
You'll be lucky to get Tempest, as Clear's coverage is low (they aren't just reselling Jetstream). You also need to be a business to be elegable.
You get what is advertised, and they don't message with the traffic like Xtra etc.

Mike
07-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Tempest isn't Jetstream, so there are no Telecom charges involved. However I believe it's for businesses, so you may need to be a business to get it - contact Clear.Net about it.

Mike.