PDA

View Full Version : photo`s on cd

Roseyglow
05-01-2003, 01:59 PM
This is a 1st for me I had photos put on a cd rom. Now what?? I`ve put them into the computer to look at them some of them are horizontal and some of them are not. I`m getting dizzy looking at them.
Also I want to email some of them , how do I do this???

Jen C
05-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Have you copied the photo's onto your hard drive?

If you have done this, you can re-adjust the images so that they are the correct way up. What photo-editing software do you have? Eg. Photoexpress, Photoshop. Using these programs you can open up your photo and then rotate the image so that they are not on their sides. Have a nosey at the options in your software.

If you don't have any photo-editing software, you can still use Paint which is found under Accessories on most systems. With Paint open, go File > Open and browse for the image you want. Then go Image > Flip/Rotate. Adjust the image to your liking and then save it.

If you want to email these images, it is best that they are saved with a .jpg extension (if not already) because .bmp is too big for emailing.

In your email program, you can attached the photo's with the paperclip symbol. Try not to send too many at once or the file will be too big and will take ages to upload and download.

Post back if you need further instructions.

Jen

rugila
05-01-2003, 02:57 PM
what program are you using to look at the photos. some or most have a fcaility for rotating thru 90 degrees ie changing horizontal to vertical etc.
What mail program are you using. To email photos can usually save them in gif or jpg format (at a sensible file size) and send as an attached file with email. If you try sending in bmp (bitmap) format you might be sending a pretty large file without that much photo.

Susan B
05-01-2003, 04:33 PM
A good free program to view and manipulate images is IrfanView. That program will resize your pictures as well as convert them to .jpg files for posting on webpages or emailing. You can get IrfanView from this site (http://www.irfanview.com/english.htm).