PDA

View Full Version : Tshirt Transfers

csinclair83
04-01-2003, 05:07 PM
I want to get some plain white tshirts and get my own pictures onto them....but i dont know what i require to do this apart from pictures and tshirts....where can i get special paper to transfer them form computer to tshirt via a printer and a iron...and can shops do the printing for u (my printer is busted)?

I went to "books n more" and "the warehouse" and they dont have ne..

Susan B
04-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Noel Leeming's Computer City, Harvey Norman and those kind of shops have packs of the special paper that you print on then iron onto teeshirts. The Warehouse Stationery did too last time I was there.

Can't say whether the shops will do the printing for you... they might be more willing to take your pictures, convert to transfers then put them onto the teeshirts for you. You can always ask them though. :-)

A few tips: make sure you have good quality teeshirts otherwise they'll look ghastly after a few rounds in the washing machine. I would buy one and give it a wash to test it first rather than buy a handful and find out they're rubbish. Some go really out of shape after getting a dunking.

Also, when you've got the print on wash and dry them inside out to stop the print fading too quickly. :-)

csinclair83
04-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Do u recommend the tshirts that are cotton $5.99 from the warehouse?

I will check those shops out sometime this week...

BUt i will definately only get 1 and try that and go from there

Elephant
04-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Dont forget to print as a mirror image then will you?

Susan B
04-01-2003, 10:49 PM
> Do u recommend the tshirts that are cotton $5.99 from the warehouse?

I haven't bought any of those teeshirts before so I couldn't say. It would be a good idea to try one first. Better to find out if they wash up well before rather than after, wouldn't it?